Monday, May 2, 2011

How a Christian Should View Bin Laden's Death

So many seem to be conflicted while others seem judgmental about what emotion is right and what is wrong concerning Bin Laden's death.

I say it is what it is...his life, religion and personal testimony stated he rejected Jesus as Savior. He made his choice, it cannot be changed and therefore as soon as he took his final breath immediately he awoke in Hell. The choice he made for eternity in this life cannot be undone in the next...it is FINAL.

We do not celebrate death and eternal Hell but we as Americans can certainly celebrate justice see Genesis 9:5-6, to see proof of Capital Punishment and that is exactly what happened in this matter. He was the mastermind and mass murderer of thousands of Americans on 9/11 and even thousands of Muslims throughout his life. He shed innocent blood...therefore his blood was shed by man...this is clearly what is taught in the Word of God!

I celebrate that the families who lost loved ones on that fateful September Day can perhaps find some sort of closure now that the killer of their beloved is now dead.

I celebrate that our military men were exemplary in their deportment and excellent in their dedication as they carried out their mission without a single injury to an American soldier.

I celebrate that perhaps one of America's greatest enemies has been weakened and perhaps may be completely defeated (however I am VERY cautious as I think maybe we have "kicked the hornet nest").

HOWEVER

We are to pray for our enemies...pray for the Salvation of their souls...and NEVER rejoice that a lost soul is in Hell.

This is just my two cents which is worth exactly 2 cents...I just wanted to put my thoughts out there.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your stand. Makes me sick to hear phrases like "Welcome to Hell" or "He busted Hell's gates wide open! Amen!" Literally makes my stomach weak to see "Christians" or worse yet pastors say these things.

    ReplyDelete