Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Little Nugget...

Hello Blogosphere...Big J is back in the blogging world again...sorry for my absence I hope you can truly forgive my laziness. I have just not put up any sermons as of late...it is a little more labor intensive since I also prepare my own powerpoints to accompany the message.

That, coupled with Netflix and watching all of the last five seasons of Lost and catching the final season on HULU I have been preoccupied.

I wanted to drop off this little nugget that blessed my heart today...In Luke 15 we have the account of three parables the Lord, the Lost Sheep, the Lost Coin and the Lost Son...WRONG!
Notice v. 3 states that he told this PARABLE (not plural, parableS) unto them. One parable with three illustrations about things that have gotten lost!

The Lost Sheep...a man lost in sin sought by the Shepherd...do you see Jesus seeking and saving the Lost?

The Lost Coin...a saved man, probably in Church (the house) but living a useless life to his Master...do you see the Holy Spirit illuminating that heart and getting after him with the broom?

The Lost Son (Prodigal)...a saved man that is backslidden and not in Church...do you see God, the Father, waiting for his return and receiving him with open arms after he repented?

AMEN!!!! All three Father, Son and Holy Spirit working to see the LOST GET FOUND!

brethren...that'll preach!

2 comments: